Have you made plans yet for New Year's Eve? Here are some suggestions to help you ring in the New Year. Some celebrations are elegant sit-down dinners and some are on-your-feet-dancing parties. Some are some combination of the two. There are also a couple of non-traditional ways to celebrate with the entire family -- like driving through Prairie Lights on its closing night or Dallas Stars hockey game (but not in 2012). Make plans now before the venues get too crowded.
Hmm. Ghost Bar closed about four months ago. Where are you going now to get your dance on? I have plenty of places for you to check out.
The party's on at Victory Park! This year's celebration will be set up on multiple stages with food and beverage tents and an awesome fireworks display. This free celebration will include continuous entertainment, including the Stream Energy Fireworks Spectacular at midnight.
The Victory Music Stage is located between the W Hotel and Victory Plaza on Olive Street, and the Big D NYE Stage is located in Victory Plaza next to the American Airlines Center. The performances are displayed throughout the venue on huge high definition screens and a state-of-the-art, concert quality audio system brings the music to you loud and clear.
Congratulations to Fifty Dollar Dynasty, the 2013 winner of the Texas Motor Speedway Fast Track to Fame Big D NYE Competition.
WFAA-TV Channel 8 will provide live coverage of the event beginning at 10:30 p.m. including entertainment, special guests and the fireworks spectacular at midnight.
There will be multiple parking facilities located throughout the Victory Park area as well as adjacent lots within walking distance to Victory Plaza. DART is the recommended mode of transportation. Take the Green Line to Victory Station.
2. Blue MartiniThere's no more Ghost Bar in Dallas so grab a cab/limo or get a room and party in Plano at Blue Martini. Great music, food and drinks. Live music all night, admission and table packages available. Trust me, VIP is the way to go to avoid the crowd.
Sip a Blue Martini at 7301 Lone Star Drive, Plano, TX 75024. 972-727-2583.
3. DFW Soiree 2013With a star-studded red carpet, live musical performances, award winning DJs and a Las Vegas-style Casino lounge, the event will also feature a silent auction, a spectacular dinner buffet by Chef Jason, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. The entire 3rd level of the Omni Dallas Hotel will be transformed into a festival-style extravaganza, featuring four different and unique areas of entertainment, including a moonlit Main Event area for the Countdown.
Ring in the New Year high above the Dallas skyline with an unforgettable countdown from the hosts of the evening, while helping raise funds for a great cause like the American Heart Association. Monday, December 31, 2012 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Omni Downtown Dallas, 555 S. Lamar Street Dallas TX.
4. Jonathan Tyler and Northern LightsRing in the New Year with Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights, Quaker City Night Hawks, and The Roomsounds. December 31, 2013 at 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Granada Theater, 3524 Greenville Avenue, Dallas TX
What: Party with Emerald City at the Hotel Intercontinental in Dallas. Select from the Club City Ticket: $70; ECB Dinner/Dance Package: $145; All Access Hotel Package: $449 (hotel room, 2 drink tickets per person, two dinners, meet & greet with the band); Sit Together VIP Package for 10: $1,750.
When: Party starts at 8 p.m. and goes on til 1 a.m. on New Year's Eve
Where: Just take the elevator home because the party's at the Hotel Intercontinental, 15201 Dallas Parkway, Addison, TX 75001.
This event sells out every single year. For questions and information call 972-417-CITY (2489) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What: Ring in the new year at the World's Largest Honkey Tonk in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards celebrates the new year with live music from Lee Brice. Champagne and party favors included for $40, $30 and $20 admission.
When: December 31, 2013
Where: Billy Bob's Texas, 2520 Rodeo Plaza, Fort Worth, TX 76164. 817-624-7117.
Tickets: $40, $30, $20. Can be purchased through calling Billy Bob's Box Office (817-624-7117) or Ticketmaster.
Get Down with Le Freak on New Year's Eve 2013 at Glass Cactus Nightclub. Dance the night away at the resort's massive high-energy Glass Cactus Nightclub, overlooking the shores of Lake Grapevine, featuring live music by Le Freak – The Greatest Disco Band in the World!
Where: Gaylord Texan Resort, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas 76051
8. Max's Wine DiveExecutive Chef Patrick Russell has prepared a decadent $75 four-course New Year’s Eve pre fixe menu, wine pairings are optional for an additional $25. Max’s will also offer the winner of its Dom Pérignon vs. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque contest at $19.75 per glass on New Year’s Eve. For more information or to make reservations, please call 214-559-3483.
Monday, December 31, 2012, NYE menu offered from 4 to 11 p.m. Classics menu available until 2 a.m. New Year’s Eve Menu: Four course prix fixe dinner for $75, Optional wine pairings for $25
Max’s Wine Dive, 3600 McKinney Avenue, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75204
What: House of Blues New Year's Eve with the Old 97s.
When: December 31, 2013
Where: House of Blues, 2200 N. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202. 214-978-BLUE.
10. Lavendou Bistro ProvencalLavendou Bistro Provencal Chef and Owner Pascal Cayet and the Lavendou culinary team are cooking a special Bonne Année New Year’s Eve dinner on Monday, December 31 that includes a vast array of beautiful and flavorful French recipes to appeal to every appetite.
Chef Cayet’s menu features five courses with delicious selections from French cuisine like Saumon et Coquilles St Jacques Mousse en Croûte, Loup de Mer Grillé Sauce au Champagne et Caviar, Confit de Canard aux Champignons Sauvages, or Filet de Boeuf Wellington au Foie Gras.
The Lavendou Bonne Année 2013 dinner is $64.95 per person for three courses (Potage or Entrée/Plat Principal/Dessert)and $74.95 for five courses (Amuse/Potage/Entrée/Plat Principal/Dessert)and a glass of champagne.
Lavendou is located at 19009 Preston Road, Suite 200, in Dallas 75252.