Have you made plans yet for New Year's Eve? Here are some suggestions to help you ring in the New Year. Some celebrations are elegant sit-down dinners and some are on-your-feet-dancing parties. Some are some combination of the two. There are also a couple of non-traditional ways to celebrate with the entire family -- like driving through Prairie Lights on its closing night or Dallas Stars hockey game (but not in 2012). Make plans now before the venues get too crowded.
Hmm. Ghost Bar closed about four months ago. Where are you going now to get your dance on? I have plenty of places for you to check out.
The party's on at Victory Park! This year's celebration will be set up on multiple stages with food and beverage tents and an awesome fireworks display. This free celebration will include continuous entertainment, including the Stream Energy Fireworks Spectacular at midnight. They are finalizing the 2013 show rundown, entertainers and celebrity appearances.
Congratulations to the band, Breaking Southwest, for winning the Texas Motor Speedway Fast Track to Fame Big D NYE Competition.
WFAA-TV Channel 8 will provide live coverage of the event beginning at 10:30 p.m. including entertainment, special guests and the fireworks spectacular at midnight.
There will be multiple parking facilities located throughout the Victory Park area as well as adjacent lots within walking distance to Victory Plaza. DART is the recommended mode of transportation. Take the Green Line to Victory Station.
2. Blue MartiniThere's no more Ghost Bar in Dallas so grab a cab/limo or get a room and party in Plano at Blue Martini. Great music, food and drinks. Live music all night, admission and table packages available. Trust me, go VIP.
Sip a Blue Martini at 7301 Lone Star Drive, Plano, TX 75024. 972-727-2583.
3. Central 214Chef Graham Dodds is offering a scrumptious four-course prix fixe dinner for New Year’s Eve with a vast selection of entrees including: dijon crusted dorper lamb chops; crispy duck breast; franconia braised beef cheeks; striped bass paella; beef tenderloin; 12 lobster thermidor; and wild mushroom ragout. The dinner is priced at $70 per person and includes a glass of prosecco. Menu features may also be ordered a la carte. Specially selected wine, beer and cocktail pairings will be offered for an additional charge. Reservations are available for December 31, 2012, from 5pm – 11pm, by calling 214-443-9339 or online at central214.com.
Reservations are available for December 31, 2012 from 5 pm – 11 pm, 214-443-9339.
Extend the evening with festive cocktails and bites at Central 214’s cozy bar lounge and courtyard patio while enjoying the flamenco guitarist and complimentary henna art, tarot card readings and a New Year’s bubbly toast at midnight. Take the elevator home with a discounted stay rate at Hotel Palomar Dallas.
Central 214: 5680 N. Central Expwy at Mockingbird Ln. Dallas, TX 75206
4. KLUV's Rockin' New Year's Eve PartyCelebrate 2013 in style with 98.7 KLUV's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party at the Hilton Anatole. Open bar, dancing, a midnight champagne toast, and more.
Party Only - $98 per person. Package includes: (1) ticket to the party, refreshments, heavy hors d’oeuvres, party favors; DJ, music and dancing; a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight along with complimentary event self-parking.
Party Only - $198 per couple (without overnight hotel guest room). Package includes: (2) tickets to the party, refreshments, heavy hors d’oeuvres, party favors; DJ, music and dancing; a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight along with complimentary event valet parking.
Party & Hotel Stay - $298 per couple. Package includes: an overnight guest room; late check-out; a bottle of champagne in your room; (2) tickets to the party, refreshments, heavy hors d’oeuvres, party favors; DJ, music and dancing; a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight along with complimentary event self-parking.
5. DFW Soiree 2013With a star-studded red carpet, live musical performances, award winning DJs and a Las Vegas-style Casino lounge, the event will also feature a silent auction, a spectacular dinner buffet by Chef Jason, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. The entire 3rd level of the Omni Dallas Hotel will be transformed into a festival-style extravaganza, featuring four different and unique areas of entertainment, including a moonlit Main Event area for the Countdown.
Ring in the New Year high above the Dallas skyline with an unforgettable countdown from the hosts of the evening, while helping raise funds for a great cause like the American Heart Association. Monday, December 31, 2012 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Omni Downtown Dallas, 555 S. Lamar Street Dallas TX.
6. Jonathan Tyler and Northern LightsDecember 31, 2012 at 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Granada Theater, 3524 Greenville Avenue, Dallas TX
What: Party with Emerald City at the Hotel Intercontinental in Dallas. The cost is $70 and includes live music and seating is not guaranteed. If you'd like to take the elevator home, upgrade to the Hotel Stay Package at $449 per couple for a premiere room. It includes guest room, 2 p.m. late check out.
When: Party starts at 9:30 p.m. and goes on til 1 a.m. on New Year's Eve
Where: Just take the elevator home because the party's at the Hotel Intercontinental, 15201 Dallas Parkway, Addison, TX 75001. Reservations: 972-386-6000.
This event sells out every single year. Order your International Hotel Addison NYE 2013 tickets as soon as possible to ensure availability.
What: Ring in the new year at the World's Largest Honkey Tonk in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards celebrates the new year with live music from Casey Donahew Band. Champagne and party favors included for $30 and $20 admission.
When: December 31, 2012
Where: Billy Bob's Texas, 2520 Rodeo Plaza, Fort Worth, TX 76164. 817-624-7117.
Tickets: $30 and $20. Can be purchased through calling Billy Bob's Box Office (817-624-7117) or Ticketmaster.
Get Down with Le Freak on New Year's Eve 2012 at Glass Cactus Nightclub. Dance the night away at the resort's massive high-energy Glass Cactus Nightclub, overlooking the shores of Lake Grapevine, featuring live music by Le Freak – The Greatest Disco Band in the World!
Where: Gaylord Texan Resort, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas 76051
10. Max's Wine DiveExecutive Chef Patrick Russell has prepared a decadent $75 four-course New Year’s Eve pre fixe menu, wine pairings are optional for an additional $25. Max’s will also offer the winner of its Dom Pérignon vs. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque contest at $19.75 per glass on New Year’s Eve. For more information or to make reservations, please call 214-559-3483.
Monday, December 31, 2012, NYE menu offered from 4 to 11 p.m. Classics menu available until 2 a.m. New Year’s Eve Menu: Four course prix fixe dinner for $75, Optional wine pairings for $25
Max’s Wine Dive, 3600 McKinney Avenue, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75204