The events of the Kennedy assassination on Nov 22, 1963 happened quickly, followed by years of people investigating what really happened. Here is a brief timeline touching on the major points of the day and those following.Nov 22, 1963
- 11:10 a.m. -- After staying overnight in Fort Worth, Kennedy leaves Carswell AFB onboard Air Force One to fly to Love Field in Dallas.
- 11:30 a.m. -- The presidential motorcade leaves Love Field.
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. -- The motorcade follows a route through Dallas, during which the president stops the car several times to talk to citizens who approach his limousine.
- 12:30 p.m. -- President Kennedy is shot and taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas.
- 1:00 p.m. -- President Kennedy is pronounced dead at Parkland Hospital.
- 1:08 p.m. -- Officer J.D. Tippit calls in to the police dispatch. By 1:16 p.m., he is dead.
- 1:22 p.m. -- A rifle is found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository building.
- 1:55 p.m. -- Lee Harvey Oswald is arrested at the Texas Theater in Oak Cliff for the murder of Officer Tippit.
- 2:04 p.m. -- John F. Kennedy's body leaves Parkland Hospital and is taken to Love Field to be carried to Washington, D.C. on board Air Force One.
- 2:25 p.m. -- Lee Harvey Oswald is interrogated for more than an hour and a half, taken to a lineup, interrogated for another hour and forty-five minutes, taken to another lineup, then a third lineup, then interrogated again. At 11:00 p.m., there is a fourth interrogation by an FBI agent.
- 7:05 p.m. -- Oswald is charged with the murder of Officer Tippit.
- 11:26 p.m. -- Oswald is charged with the murder of President Kennedy.
- 10:30 a.m. -- A fourth interrogation lasts for two hours and forty minutes.
- 1:10 p.m. -- During the day, Oswald speaks with family and friends.
- 5:30 p.m. -- Oswald speaks to H. Louis Nichols, President of the Dallas Bar Association, for five minutes.
- 9:30 a.m. -- A fifth interrogation.
- 11:21 a.m. -- Jack Ruby shoots Oswald during a transfer from the Dallas Police Department to the County Jail. Jack Ruby died in prison on Mar 1, 1967.
You can find more detailed timelines around the web, including those that have witness statements and various conspiracy theory evidence included.
Probable Cause: A very detailed timeline by an Australian group devoted to investigating the events surrounding Kennedy's assassination. It includes book references.
Wikipedia: A narrative of the events of that day with times included.