The Bottom Line
- Fun atmosphere for kids
- It's loud (if your kids are loud, it won't disturb anyone)
- A 15-minute wait inside the Gift Shop
- Overpriced Food
- Food is mediocre at best
- Extremely loud; wait staff shouts "Volcano" when someone orders the dessert
- Website: http://www.rainforestcafe.com
- Location: Inside Grapevine Mills Mall, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy., Grapevine, TX 76051.
- Phone Number: Call for reservations: 972-539-5001.
- Directions: From Dallas, take N Loop 635 west which will merge into 121 North. Exit Grapevine Mills Pkwy.
Guide Review - Rainforest Cafe
I made a reservation for 6:15 p.m. and was told to show up 15 minutes early. Although there were only a few people in front of us, we stood in line for the entire 15 minutes waiting to be seated. The area that you must stand in to wait for a table is Rainforest Cafe Gift Shop. That's no coincidence.For an appetizer, we ordered the Cheese Sticks. The lightly breaded mozzarella sticks were exactly like the box of frozen cheese sticks you get at the grocery store. There was nothing special at all about them.
For dinner, I ordered the Rasta Pasta: grilled chicken, penne pasta, walnut pesto, broccoli, red peppers and spinach tossed in a garlic Alfredo sauce. In theory, it sounded delicious. In reality, it tasted like frozen vegetables mixed with sauce from a jar served over pasta. It was overpriced and bland. On a positive note, it wasn't as salty as I had expected.
My daughter ordered "Rainforest Rascals." It was two mini cheeseburgers served with about two ounces of corn and a beverage for $5.99. The food was fine, but we had to ask for more corn as the mini cup didn't satisfy my 5-year-old's appetite for corn. My husband ordered a burger. That's usually a pretty safe bet. It was cooked to his specifics but unremarkable. I tasted it and it was much better than the pasta.
Overall, I was disappointed with the food and the wait. I think it's a good concept for a restaurant. Children will definitely want to come back and visit again. The gift shop is very nice. But it's a shame that it's not more parent-friendly.