You mailed out Christmas cards. You shopped. You made charitable contributions and bought items for Angel Trees. You attended plays, the office party and a wedding. Do you really want to cook the Christmas meal, too? Delight your loved ones with another special gift this holiday season by taking them out for a lavish holiday buffet. If you would like to be pampered and feast on delicious food that someone else cooked, here are some restaurants that you might want to sample. Hurry, reservations fill up quickly.
When: Friday, December 24, 2012 from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Where: Urban Crust, 1006 East 15th Street, Plano, Texas 75074
Not a Fish Lover? The daily menu will also be served.
RSVP: 972-509-1400; walk-ins welcome too.
What: A 3-course menu is available both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2012. On December 25, 2012, dine from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cost: $59.95 per person plus tax and gratuity
Mignon, 4005 Preston Rd., Ste. 518, Plano, Texas 75093. Reservations are recommended: 972-934-3372.
3. Christmas Eve Dinner at Fearing's
What: Christmas Eve Dinner at Fearing's. They will be closed Christmas Day.
When: December 24, 2012 from 5 to 10 p.m.
Where: Fearing’s Restaurant, The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas 2121 McKinney Avenue Dallas, TX 75201
Cost: $100 per adult, $35 for children 12 and under (excludes beverage, tax and gratuity)
Cocktails priced separately and limited to guests at least 21 years of age
The restaurant will be closed on Christmas Day.
4. Central 214Enjoy Christmas Eve at Central 214 at Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Dallas, and warm up with a delicious three-course prix fixe holiday meal. Choose from a variety of dishes including starters of shrimp and lobster chowder, a harvest salad or roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries in bacon maple vinaigrette. Main course dishes include savory pumpkin risotto, smoked duck breast with roasted chestnuts and cherries, roasted strip loin with triple cooked fries, and pan seared sea bass. Top it off with mint and chocolate yule log, upside down pineapple spice cake, or New York style cheesecake. Price is $50 per person or $25 per child. Reservations are available from 5 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. by calling 214-443-9339 or online.
When: Christmas Eve - Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013 - 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Central 214 at Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Dallas - 5680 N. Central Expwy. Dallas 75206
5. Christmas Eve and Day: Toulouse Café and BarThis Christmas holiday, treat you and your loved ones to an exquisite meal that doesn’t require you to spend hours in the kitchen. On December 24th and 25th, Lombardi’s Toulouse Café and Bar will be open for both lunch and dinner. Choose from either the regular menu, or the “White Christmas Truffle Dinner”; a special three-course menu only available on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Featuring mouth-watering dishes such as Creamy Mushroom Risotto and halved White Truffles and Filet Mignon a la Perigourdin, guests can enjoy menu items al a carte, or as a three-course tasting.
When: December 24, 2012 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and December 25, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Toulouse Café and Bar, 3314 Knox Street, Dallas, Texas 75205. Reservations 214-520-8999
Cost: Special Menu: al a carte or $75 for three courses; regular pricing for full menu.
6. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: Cafe on the Green
Café On The Green is serving a Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet and Christmas Day Brunch.
In 2012, the Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet will be served from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The cost is $67/adults, $24 ages 6-12 and free for kids 5 and under.
The Christmas Day Brunch will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $71/adults, $32 ages 6-12. 5 and under are free. Make a reservation
Where: Café On The Green is located at the Four Seasons Resort and Club, 4150 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX 75038. Reservations: 972-717-2420
Christmas Eve Dinner with seatings from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Christmas Day December 25, 2012 with seatings from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Reservations required: 214-397-4111.
Where: Cook Hall, 2440 Victory Park Lane, Dallas 75219. First Floor, W Dallas – Victory Hotel; Complimentary Valet Parking.
8. Gaylord TexanTuesday, December 25, 2012 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (The website says it's sold out for 2012 as of December 3rd).
Located in the breathtaking Grapevine Ballroom, our brunch features a festive ambiance filled with beautiful holiday decor, live music, and a variety of flavorful dishes! Tantalize your taste buds and experience mouth-watering cuisine featuring made-to-order omelets, cinnamon apple almond glazed cheese blintzes, Texas-style Cowboy Steak, grilled lime marinated salmon, and much more!
Gaylord Texan, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051. Texan. 817-778-1000. (North of Hwy 26, south side of Grapevine Lake).